What is a PTFA?
We are a friendly group of parents, carers, teachers and friends that organise fun social events throughout the year to raise funds for additional equipment for the school. PTFA stands for Parents, Teachers and Friends Association and we help raise money for needs identified by the children and the school. Over the past few years, we have bought:
- a new oven for the cookery room
- football posts
- basketball nets
- waterproof overalls for Reception Class
Who can join the PTFA?
If you are a parent/carer/friend with a heart to help the school we’d love you to join us. Our PTFA meetings are a great way to get involved with upcoming events. We understand that not everyone can make these meetings and appreciate parents donating requested items for our Summer and Christmas fairs and offering an extra pair of hands at any of our events.
Which events do the PTFA organise?
- Christmas & summer fair – these events provide fun for all the family with lots of stalls, prizes and a raffle.
- Hallowe’en and Valentines Disco – there’s music, dancing and after school fun with friends.
- Film nights – we show films newly released on DVD and serve popcorn and hot dogs to create an authentic cinema experience.
- Easter egg hunt – our popular egg hunt sends the pupils round our field and nature area looking for prize-winning clues.
We also welcome new ideas from parents and have a suggestions box in the school reception.