Welcome to Blue Class! We have a lot of exciting learning coming up this year as well as trips, visitors and school events, such as sports days and Christmas productions. On this page, you will find class information including important dates and times, as well as regular diary dates for things like PE days. You will also find our home learning links, class newsletter and staff information pages. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to call the office to arrange a time when we can chat or find myself for a quick meeting at the end of the day.
Many thanks, Mr. Miller
Year 4 Staff
Class Teacher: Mr Marc Miller
Teaching Assistant: Becky Markham
Swimming Day: Friday (Please bring your swimming kit and towel to school.
- Reading: Please share books and listen to your child read their school book at least 4 times a week (this can be for as little as 10 – 15 minutes). Frequent opportunities to read and talk about books, with lots of praise and enthusiasm, is key to further developing your child’s reading.
- Bug Club: Children may also choose to read at home by logging into Bug Club here. This is a fantastic resource provided by the school with a wide range of appropriate and engaging reading material available. This should be used alongside your child’s home reading book.
- Spelling: Your child will receive a list of about 5 spellings each week. Please encourage your child to explore and practise these words at home to support them in becoming fluent writers.
- Maths: Download the 1-Minute Maths app here. It is a free app from White Rose Maths and supports the learning we do in school. This app is excellent for helping children to develop quick recall of essential maths facts. Again, 2 or 3 minutes a few times a week will make a really positive difference to your child’s progress in mathematics.
- Times Table Rock Stars: Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars here or download the free app. This is a great resource provided by the school to help children grasp the essential multiplication and division facts needed to keep making good progress in mathematics. Please encourage your child to practise their times tables for a few minutes at least 4 times a week.