Welcome to Green Class. We are really excited about the year we have ahead of us and we hope you are too! We have an exciting year of learning planned that includes a range of learning experiences. Please take the time to look around our class page where you will find key information and links to home learning resources. Your child will have access to the Times Table Rockstars App which you can access at home. This is a fantastic resource to practise times tables! Please also encourage regular reading at home and record this in your child’s reading record. We will also complete our daily run around the track to promote a healthy lifestyle and a positive attitude towards our learning. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s learning then please do not hesitate to contact me at the end of the school day for a chat. Alternatively, please contact the school office where you can arrange a meeting with me. Thank you, Miss Hulse.
Year 3 Staff
Class Teacher: Miss Louise Hulse
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Sue Shepherd
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Emma Winder
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Sarah Philips
Welfare Assistant: Mrs Emma Winder
PE Day: Thursday (Please come to school in your school PE kit and trainers).
- Reading: Please share books and listen to your child read their school book at least 4 times a week (this can be for as little as 10 minutes). Little and often with lots of praise and enthusiasm is key to developing your child’s reading.
- Bug Club: Children may also choose to read at home by logging into Bug Club here. This is a fantastic resource provided by the school with a wide range of appropriate and engaging reading material available. This should be used alongside your child’s home reading book.
- Spelling: Your child will receive a list of about 5 spellings each week. Please encourage your child to explore and practise these words at home to support them in becoming fluent writers.
- Maths: Download the 1-Minute Maths app here. It is a free app from White Rose Maths and supports the learning we do in school. This app is excellent for helping children to develop quick recall of essential maths facts. Again, 2 or 3 minutes a few times a week will make a really positive difference to your child’s progress in mathematics.
- Times Table Rock Stars: Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars here or download the free app. This is a great resource provided by the school to help children grasp the essential multiplication and division facts needed to keep making good progress in mathematics. Please encourage your child to practise their times tables for a few minutes at least 4 times a week.